Chadds Ford is perched roughly 25 miles west of Philadelphia along Brandywine Creek and is most noted for its historic landmarks including the Brandywine Battlefield as well as beautiful rolling hills and vistas. As a smaller township, the population is only about a mere 4,000.
The original name for the area was “Birmingham,” which like many in the region was named after a town in England. Emigrated by Frances Chadsey of England in the late 1600’s, the name had eventually changed although with a different version of how it was spelled.
Today, Chadds Ford has many structures that include the Chad House, Chadds Ford Historic District and William Painter Farm that are all listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Important Chadds Ford Links
Featured Chadds Ford Real Estate
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.